Shovels are useful for clearing snow-covered steps and walkways, but a snow blower’s speed, power, and use are unmatched for clearing a wide-open driveway or patio. Even though there is larger, more expensive equipment in the same shed after seven New England seasons of testing, the Toro SnowMaster 824 QXE 24-inch snow blower is the first item we grab for. Its speed outperforms everything else we tested, and its straightforward, understandable controls make clearing deep snow a job you almost look forward to doing.
- Number one best Snow Blower :
Features a Toro Premium 252cc OHV 4-cycle engine with electric start, this snow blower efficiently throws snow up to 45 ft. Tear through the roughest snow and ice in record time with Toro’s SnowMaster Snow Blower. Make snow-blowing less work with the Self-propel Personal PaceSystem, which matches your walking speed and provides better traction in all snow conditions. Quickly change the chute and deflector direction with a single, smooth motion thanks to the Quick Stick chute control. It’s ultra-maneuverable, easy enough for anyone to handle, and still powers through tough, end-of-driveway snow.
- Shreds snow fast; efficiently shreds through the snow while reducing clogging with the curved rubber paddles and housing of Power Curve Technology
- Easy start; simply push the button and you’re ready to snow blow with electric start
- Chute control; quickly change the chute and deflector direction with a single, smooth motion thanks to the Quick Stick chute control
- Lightning fast; tear through the roughest snow and ice in record time with Toro’s powerful engineered auger; a tall auger housing and guaranteed for life chute handles even end of driveway snow with ease
- Keep up the pace. you control how fast or slow you go with the self-propel Personal Pace system; the rear-wheel drive system also equips you with the best traction in all snow condition
- Turn on a dime; automatic steering makes smooth tight turns a snap with no trigger or lever to pull
- Glide over surfaces; make maneuvering even easier by breezing over driveway obstacles and garage floors with metal-enforced poly skid shoes; no scuffs or skid marks left behind
- Right fit for you; ideal for larger driveways that can hold 6-12 parked cars and 6 in.-10 in. of snow
- We’ve got you covered; Toro stands behind this product with a 3-year limited warranty; count on it
- Guaranteed for life; Toro has you covered with a guaranteed for-life warranty on the chute, lower chute, and chute deflector
- Power Up. Optimal performance and years of dependable use with the 252cc Toro premium 4-cycle OHV engine
- Tested and trusted; choose with confidence, knowing millions of people worldwide count on Toro snow blowers
- Based on the average Traqline unit share for the snow blower market from 2013 – March 2020
- Compared to traditional 2-stage Toro power max models
- Ideal for concrete and asphalt surfaces that can park up to 4+ cars and 6 – 18 in. of snow at a time
- For best-starting results use non-ethanol fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher, use fresh fuel less than 30-days old, add fuel stabilizer to reduce starting problems, and do not mix oil with gas
2. Number Two Best Snow Blower
EGO POWER+ Peak Power 56-volt
EGO POWER+ Peak Power 56-volt 24-in Two-stage Self-propelled Brushless Cordless Electric Snow Blower (Battery Included and Charger Included)
The EGO POWER+ Cordless 2-Stage Snow Blower exceeds the power and performance of gas-powered snow blowers without the noise, fuss, and fumes. Featuring Peak Power™ technology, this cordless electric snow blower combines the power of any two EGO 56V ARC Lithium™ batteries to tackle the toughest snow conditions and what the snowplow leaves behind with ease—and throws it up to 50 feet. Its 24-inch clearing width and 20-inch intake height handles even the deepest snow, and its variable-speed auger and 200-degree chute direction give you complete control to throw snow where you need it. Get the job done easily with variable-speed self-propelled forward and reverse directions along with four LED lights for added visibility in early morning or evening. Clear 8 inches of snow from an 18-car driveway with the two included 7.5Ah batteries. Experience Power Beyond Belief™ with the EGO POWER+ 2-Stage Cordless Snow Blower and the entire EGO POWER+ lineup.
- Peak Power™ technology combines the power of any two EGO POWER+ 56V ARC Lithium™ batteries
- Throws snow up to 50 feet
- Clears an 18-car driveway with 8 inches of snow on a single charge with the two included 7.5Ah ARC Lithium™ batteries
- 24-inch clearing width/20-inch intake height
- Variable auger speed control system adjusts snow throwing distance
- Independent brushless motors: self-propel and auger
- Weather-resistant heavy-duty steel and composite construction to handle challenging conditions
- Four bright LED headlights for increased visibility for nighttime snow removal
- 200-degree rear chute control; rear chute deflector
3. Number Three Best Snow Blower
2X 26 in. 243cc IntelliPower Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower with Power Steering and Steel Chute
Tackle winter weather with the Cub Cadet 2X 26-inch 2 stage snow blower engineered to take on up to 12-inches of snow. A 2X brings power that always performs with a Cub Cadet 243cc 4-cycle OHV engine with Intellipower Technology and push button electric start, making it easy to start. Maneuver through snow with ease thanks to trigger-controlled power steering and a self-propelled drive. Work at your pace, with six forward and two reverse speeds, and in the dark thanks to the dual LED headlights. Whatever your extreme, there is a Cub Cadet snow blower engineered for it.
- Cub cadet 2X 26 in. 2 stage gas snow blower has a clearing width of 26 in., intake height of 21 in. and is engineered to power through up to 12 in. of snow
- 243cc 4-cycle OHV Cub Cadet engine with Intellipower Technology
- IntelliPower technology provides up to 18% more power for 243cc EGOV* with a digital throttle control that consistently optimizes engine output based on load.
- Up to 18% more available power means less bogging down when clearing heavy, wet and deep snow. When compared to the same engine without Intellipower technology, improvements vary depending on engine models and specific operating conditions.
- Push button electric start makes it incredibly easy to start in winter weather, just attach an extension cord
- Trigger-controlled power steering and self-propelled drive for unmatched control, effortless maneuverability, and single-hand operation
- Features heavy-duty augers and impeller with 12 in. serrated steel construction and a steel shave plate for added durability
- Self-propelled, clear at your pace with 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds
- 15-in.x 5-in. X-Trac tires provide strong traction and mobility over snow
- Work before dawn or after sundown with dual LED headlights
- No rust, non-marking, reversible skid shoes glide along surfaces for better maneuverability
- Engineered for durability thanks to a heavy-duty cast aluminum auger gearbox and steel chute
- Backed by a strong 3-year limited residential, 1-year limited commercial, and 5-year limited auger gearbox warranty brings reliability to the product and service for the ultimate peace of mind
- Backed by expert service and knowledgeable support from the nationwide network of Cub Cadet dealers
What is the best snow blower in Canada?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question as the best snow blower for Canada will depend on a number of factors, including the type of snow you typically receive, the size of your driveway or property, and your budget. That being said, here are some popular and highly-rated snow blower models that are well-suited for Canadian winters:
- Ariens Deluxe 28″ SHO – This snow blower is known for its powerful engine, efficient clearing capacity, and heavy-duty construction. It’s designed to handle large driveways and deep snow, making it an excellent choice for Canadian winters.
- Husqvarna ST430T – This two-stage snow blower features a heated handlebar, adjustable skid shoes, and an LED headlight for added convenience and comfort. Its high-speed impeller and hydrostatic transmission make it an efficient and reliable choice for tackling tough snow conditions.
- Toro Power Max HD 928 OHXE – This snow blower is designed for heavy-duty use and features a powerful engine, anti-clogging system, and easy-to-use controls. It’s also equipped with a hand warmer and LED headlight for added comfort during long snow removal sessions.
- Honda HS1336iAS – This premium snow blower is designed to handle the toughest snow conditions, with a powerful engine, track drive system, and remote-controlled chute and deflector. It’s ideal for large properties and commercial use, but may be too expensive for some homeowners.
- Cub Cadet 3X 30″ HD – This snow blower features a three-stage system that can handle both wet and heavy snow. It’s also equipped with power steering, heated hand grips, and a high-arc steel chute for added convenience and durability.
Ultimately, the best snow blower for Canada will depend on your specific needs and budget. It’s important to consider factors like engine power, clearing width, and additional features like heated hand grips and LED lights before making a purchase.
What is the most reliable snow blower brand?
There are several reliable snow blower brands, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Some of the most reliable snow blower brands include:
- Honda – Honda is known for producing high-quality, reliable snow blowers that are built to last. They have a reputation for excellent performance in heavy snow, and their machines are easy to operate and maintain.
- Ariens – Ariens has been manufacturing snow blowers for over 60 years and is considered one of the most reliable brands on the market. Their machines are built to handle heavy snowfalls and are designed to be durable and long-lasting.
- Husqvarna – Husqvarna produces a range of snow blowers that are known for their reliability and performance. Their machines are built to be user-friendly and easy to operate, and they are designed to handle a variety of snow conditions.
- Toro – Toro is another popular brand of snow blowers that is known for its reliability and durability. They offer a range of machines designed for both residential and commercial use, and their products are backed by a strong warranty.
- Cub Cadet – Cub Cadet produces a range of snow blowers that are designed to be easy to use and maintain. Their machines are known for their reliability and performance, and they are backed by a strong warranty and excellent customer service.
Ultimately, the most reliable snow blower brand will depend on your specific needs and budget. It’s important to do your research and read reviews from other customers before making a purchase to ensure that you’re getting a machine that will meet your needs and last for many winters to come.
How to choose the Best Snow Blower ?
Choosing a snow blower can be a daunting task, but here are some factors to consider that can help you make an informed decision:
- Type of snow blower – There are three main types of snow blowers: single-stage, two-stage, and three-stage. Single-stage snow blowers are best for light, fluffy snow and small driveways, while two-stage and three-stage snow blowers are better suited for heavier, wetter snow and larger areas.
- Engine power – The size and power of the engine will determine how well the snow blower can handle heavy snow and how quickly it can clear your driveway or walkway. Consider the size of your property and the average snowfall in your area when selecting the appropriate engine size.
- Clearing width – The clearing width determines how wide a path the snow blower can clear in one pass. Consider the size of your driveway and the amount of snow you typically receive to determine the appropriate clearing width.
- Ease of use – Look for features such as electric start, heated handles, and easy-to-use controls to make the snow blower more comfortable and convenient to operate.
- Price – Snow blowers can range in price from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, so consider your budget when making your selection. Keep in mind that a higher-priced model may be more durable and long-lasting, which can save you money in the long run.
- Brand and warranty – Consider reputable brands with a strong reputation for quality and reliability, and check the manufacturer’s warranty to ensure that you are protected in case of defects or malfunctions.
Overall, the most important thing when choosing a snow blower is to select a machine that is appropriate for your needs and the type of snowfall you typically experience. Take the time to research different models and consider the factors above before making your purchase and visit Canadian classifieds and free classified sites online.